MERCEDES KEYMAKING TRAINING COURSE 2.0—3-Days—November 10-12
- Item # 8126
- Model: AKS-EDU-MER2
- Manufacturer: American Key Supply
Mercedes DAS3 Immobilizer Training
Due to the overwhelming success of our very first class, we are proud to announce round two of The Mercedes Keymaking Course happening this November. Here is some of the feedback we received from the first class:
- 100% of participants would recommend the class to other automotive locksmiths!
"Mercedes is not as hard as it used to be anymore."
—Maher Eid, Lock Doctor, San Francisco, CA
"I loved that we had professionals teaching the class, they really knew their stuff. Last class I left not learning very much, not enough hands-on. This one was perfect."
—Kevin Saxon, Ace Locksmith, Walled Lake, MI
"I definitely feel more confident going out in the field and being able to tackle these jobs. I couldn't ask for better instructors teaching the class."
—Nate DeGraw, AAA Safe & Lock, Memphis, TN
Friday thru Sunday, November 10-12 at our Distribution Center in the Las Vegas area (Henderson, Nevada), each day between 8:30am-5pm. Lunch will be served on each day. A light breakfast, snacks, and drinks will also be available. Wi-fi will be available and cell phone service is excellent.
We are limited to just the first 30 participants and the class fills quickly. If you are unable to add this class to your shopping cart, the class is full. Please call us and speak with Dan to be placed on a waiting list.
Group rates have been negotiated at the Sam's Town Hotel & Casino (5111 Boulder Hwy, Las Vegas, NV 89122) on the Boulder Strip on the east side of Las Vegas, relatively close to the class. Reserve online or call 877-593-5993 to make reservations $92 friday-sat, $46 for other days, use the Group Code A7LGC11, or mention the group name "Locksmith Group". Last day to make your reservations is October 22nd. Please be aware that there is an additional 13% room tax and $18.07 Resort Fee per night, but hey, that's Vegas. The hotel also provides a shuttle service to the Strip and Downtown areas.
Finding Our Location:
Our address is 9 Sunset Way, unit #100. It's a 20,000 square foot warehouse in the city of Henderson, Nevada. We are located around 10 minutes east of the McCarren Airport. Mapping apps usually get the last 1/8-mile wrong though. As you drive down Sunset WAY (not Road), you'll see a row of warehouses on your LEFT side with a sign that says "Green Valley Business Center". Turn left and we're the last warehouse on the right side.
The seats for this class are limited. If you cancel without enough notice, seats go unncessarily unfilled. Cancellations more than 2 weeks before the class will receive a 100% refund. Cancellations more than 1 week before the class will receive a 75% refund. Cancellations more than 2 days before the class will receive a 50% refund. Cancellations 2 days or less before the class will not receive a refund.
Please call or text Cary (American Key Supply) at 650-243-1784 or call Dustie (Instructor) at 888-366-BENZ for any more details.
By the end of the weekend, you will be confident not only in making keys but diagnosing and repairing all functions of the immobilizer systems on Mercedes. You will learn what not even Factory Mercedes Technicians know! Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, you will walk away with a wealth of knowledge that you can immediately start making money with.
- Be the best Mercedes locksmith in your area!
- For those with no previous experience, start doing Mercedes keymakes with confidence!
- For those with Mercedes experience already, become a true expert!
Escondido German Auto & Diagspeed USA | Escondido, CA
A 15-year Mercedes veteran, Dustie was working professionally with cars since he was 15 years old, graduated from UTI, and started working with Mercedes vehicles after turning 19. He is Master Certified with Mercedes Benz. Dustie owns a 9-bay German auto repair shop and a mobile programming business in southern California.
PJ Locksmith | Glendale, AZ
A seasoned expert locksmith, Patrick owns and has a ton of experience using all of the tools available out there. His unique experience will be a huge help to those considering different tools as he holds your hand using all of them one by one, comparing and contrasting them all.
AB Locksmith and Diagspeed USA | Temecula, CA
An automotive locksmith for over 20 years in southern california, Javier is one of the first to answer the tech support line for Diagspeed USA.
High Tech Mobile and Diagspeed USA | La Mesa, CA
As the Regional Mobile German Specialist for San Diego, Mark spends most of his time making auto keys. He has experience using factory tools for BMW, Rolls Royce, Audi, VW, Bentley, Mercedes, Mini, Porsche, Sprinter, as well as Diagspeed, SKP900, SMOK, X Prog, Orange 5, UPA, R270, R260 , AK90, BMW Elite, BMW Explorer, SuperVAG, AVDI, Tango, Digi Prog, Kess V2, Ktag, BDM 100, FGgalleto, AK500, VVDI BGA, and more.
An in-depth look at Mercedes immobilizer systems
Mercedes have always had the stigma of being the most advanced system on the market. We will break down the barriers between locksmiths and the ever-complex Mercedes cars. From making a duplicate key to in-the-field troubleshooting, we will cover it all during this course.
DAS 3 Intro
- 1st Gen: EIS, Steering Locks, Engine Computers
- Remote Unlocking Functions (IR & RF) Global Feature
- 2nd Gen 230/220: Modules and Data in System, DAS Instrument Cluster, ESM
- 3rd Gen with Intro to 7G: Year Introduced and Progression of Versions
- 4th Gen with ISM Modules: What Cars Have It and How to Identify
- What Info Needs to be Calculated to Make a Key?
What is the Data that is Stored in the EIS and How is it Shared?
- Key Hash, Password, New Key Track Version Used
- Rolling Codes, Dealer Hash, Mileage and VIN
- Chip Sets and Generation Changes for EIS
- What is a Gray Key, Orange Key, Green Key? When and Why Needed?
KeylessGo Systems & Functions
- What Modules are Involved?
- Differences with Keys and EIS
- Key Tracks
EIS Early Roll and Late Roll in the Car's Network
- CAN Networks Function
Which Cars Can or Can't be Done Via OBD When All Keys Lost?
- Identifying Systems
Replacing or Repairing Bad Computers
- Resetting, Writing To and Marrying Used Units
- Steering Lock Repair
Troubleshooting Various Problems in the Field
- Key will not start or unlock the car
- Key unlocks the car but does not turn in the ignition, or no response
- Key unlocks car and turns in the igniton but car does not crank
- Key unlocks car and turns in the ignition, car cranks but will not start
- New key will not learn to car, calculating key in dash
- Made a new key but the old key stopped working
- Made a new key and nothing happens when inserted into the EIS
- Made a new key and car starts but remote doesn't work
- Using a hot air rework station and soldering iron
- Practice removing and replacing chips from the PCB
- Using various tools to read, reset, and write to various chips
- Reading in-circuit and in-cradle
- Working with BIN files
Tools & Machines That Will Be Covered:
- Diagspeed MB Key OBD2 (Key Programmer)
- XHorse VVDI MB (Key Programmer)
- Mercedes Xentry (Factory Scan Tool for Diagnostics)
- Hot Air Rework Station (Soldering)
- SMOK J Tag (EEPROM)
- XProg Box (EEPROM)
- XHorse VVDI Prog (EEPROM)
At the beginning of the class, students will be given a book to use during and after the class. At the end of the class, we will issue a Certificate of Achievement which can be used for ALOA continuing education credits.