LockTech Honda/Acura Ignition Roll-Pin Removal Kit (IRPRK)
- Item # 4741
- Model: LT-IRPRK
- Manufacturer: LockTech
$124.50 $119.00 Found a Better Price? Let us know.
This kit is designed to remove the roll pin without any damage to the ignition housing or the roll pin. After reinserting the ignition, simply reinsert the roll pin.
- Using the application chart (shown below), identify vehicle as having a Type 1 or Type 2 ignition housing.
- If Type 2, use the included pointed center punch to back out the ignition headless bolts if necessary.
- Using the supplied awl/ice pick, insert the tip into the end of the roll pin and gently move it side to side in all directions. Use ice pick to center the roll pin within the hole.
- Using 2 of the 3 color-coded thumb screws, attach the fixture to the front of the ignition housing. Use spacing washers if necessary.
- Insert the Black Tee thumb screw into the 1/4-20 tapped hole and snug it up against the ignition cylinder.
- Insert a short tube into the brass thumb screw and LIGHTLY snug in place using the set screw. Insert the long tube through the outer tube so that the flared tip is on the threaded end of the screw.
- Insert the brass thumb screw assembly into the threaded hole seating the flared tip over the top of the roll pin. Verify the flared end is seated over the roll pin by trying to move the tip side to side.
- Thread the brass thumb screw 1-2 full rotations, then lightly tap the back end of the tube inwards to ensure it's fully seated over the roll pin.
- Continue turning the brass thumb screw assembly until it comes to a definite stop. DO NOT OVER-TIGHTEN.
- Tighten the set screw ONE FULL ROTATION ONLY.
- Loosen the Black 1/4-20 Tee thumb screw.
- Unthread the brass thumb screw assembly with roll pin now attached.
- If Type 1, be sure to use the ice pick to lift the steering lock tail piece during cylinder removal.
- After using the ice pick and before installing the fixture, lightly tap on the cylinder itself (not the cylinder housing) with a hammer in the direction of the roll pin to ensure the roll pin is out as far as possible.
- Since the roll pin is tapered on the ends, you can use the ice pick placed in the center of the roll pin and tap LIGHTLY to slightly flare out the roll pin to allow for greater "bite". Be sure to follow tip #1 afterwards to "push" the roll pin out as far as possible.
|CR-V & CR-Z||2002-2014||1|